Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Not For the Weak of Stomach

We have officially been bit by the 'bug'.

Two days ago I picked T2 up from daycare just like I always do and drove to the school to pick up T1. When I got home, R was in the kitchen trying to find something to snack on before supper. I asked him if he wanted to make chili and he said that sounded fine if we had everything on hand to make it properly. After consulting our 3 different storage places for the canned goods (only one of which is a cabinet), we determined that we did indeed have enough on hand to make chili.

The boys were playing on the living room floor and suddenly T1 exclaimed 'T2 puked!' I went into the living room to investigate and found 2 small spots on the carpet that looked like he had bent over and his stomach couldn't take it. Definately not 'puke' in my book, just spit-up. I cleaned it up and dismissed it. Bad move. About 10 minutes T2 came over to me and I stooped down to his level and gave him a hug. He started gagging and puked just a little bit, but I could tell he wasn't done. I scooped him up and ran for the bathroom and he finished getting sick in the toilet. Poor little guy. He didn't know what was going on. He got sick about 3 more times and I called grandma to come in the next morning and I went to work.

I got a phone call from R around 7:30 the next morning and he scared me by telling me that T2 couldn't keep anything down, so I called the doctor and quickly made an appointment for the earliest time I could, which was 10:30. I notified my boss I would be leaving early, cashed out my drawer and came home to a report that he had held down some water but nothing else.

The doctor's visit was pretty uneventful, T2 was starting to feel better so we went home and waited for it to run it's course. Grandma came up today and took care of T2 again, T1 went to school and I went to work. All was good.

That is until about 4:45 this afternoon, at which time T1 says 'I'm hot and my stomach hurts'. Here we go, I thought. T1 started throwing up around 7:00 and was in and out of the bathroom at least 8 times, finally ending with dry heaves. When I told R that T1 was now sick he told me he didn't feel the greatest either. About an hour later grandma called and said she had the sick too.

So I'm staying home from work tomorrow, and I'll be next, I can just feel it.


Post a Comment

<< Home